Relax forum
Registriraj se i relaxiraj sa nama
Relax forum
Registriraj se i relaxiraj sa nama
Relax forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zabava, druženje i diskusije u opuštenoj atmosferi

Početna stranicaRegistracijaLogin

Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom

Go down 
4 posters
Autor/icaPoruka
Goran
Administrator
Administrator
Goran

Male
Cancer Rooster
Broj postova : 80666
Godine : 43
Datum registracije : 24.09.2008

Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom Empty
PostajNaslov: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime10.09.11 8:45

Bob Marley isn't my name. I don't even know my name yet.
Bob Marley

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!
Bob Marley

Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny.
Bob Marley

Every time I plant a seed, He say kill it before it grow, he say kill it before they grow.
Bob Marley

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
Bob Marley

Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.
Bob Marley

I don't stand for the black man's side, I don' t stand for the white man's side. I stand for God's side.
Bob Marley

I've been here before and will come again, but I'm not going this trip through.
Bob Marley

If you get down and quarell everyday, you're saying prayers to the devil, I say.
Bob Marley

In this bright future you can't forget your past.
Bob Marley

Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!
Bob Marley

Man is a universe within himself.
Bob Marley

Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together - black, white, Chinese, everyone - that's all.
Bob Marley

My future is righteousness.
Bob Marley

My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die.
Bob Marley

My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. My music will go on forever.
Bob Marley

None but ourselves can free our minds.
Bob Marley

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
Bob Marley

People want to listen to a message, word from Jah. This could be passed through me or anybody. I am not a leader. Messenger. The words of the songs, not the person, is what attracts people.
Bob Marley

Rastafari not a culture, it's a reality.
Bob Marley

Tell the children the truth.
Bob Marley

The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.
Bob Marley

The harder the battle the sweet of jah victory.
Bob Marley

The more people smoke herb, the more Babylon fall.
Bob Marley

When one door is closed, don't you know, another is open.
Bob Marley

When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.
Bob Marley

You have to be someone.
Bob Marley

Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom Z

Take a moment every day to appreciate your most precious gift. It did not have to be, but we were given the gift of life. Honor that gift by living beautifully and by giving back a little beauty as we go along the way. Life wants nothing more than to be appreciated and fully enjoyed.

Zadnja promjena: Goran; 27.03.13 6:37; ukupno mijenjano 1 put.
[Vrh] Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CarpeDiemCitatiMisliPoezija
Goran
Administrator
Administrator
Goran

Male
Cancer Rooster

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime10.09.11 8:48

A jug fills drop by drop.
Buddha

All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.
Buddha

All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?
Buddha

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
Buddha

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
Buddha

Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence.
Buddha

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
Buddha

Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
Buddha

Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.
Buddha

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
Buddha

He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes.
Buddha

Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
Buddha

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
Buddha

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?
Buddha

I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.
Buddha

I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done.
Buddha

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
Buddha

In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.
Buddha

It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Buddha

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
Buddha

It is better to travel well than to arrive.
Buddha

Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.
Buddha

Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.
Buddha

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha

Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
Buddha

The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground.
Buddha

The mind is everything. What you think you become.
Buddha

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.
Buddha

The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood.
Buddha

The virtues, like the Muses, are always seen in groups. A good principle was never found solitary in any breast.
Buddha

The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.
Buddha

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
Buddha

The wise ones fashioned speech with their thought, sifting it as grain is sifted through a sieve.
Buddha

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
Buddha

There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it.
Buddha

There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.
Buddha

Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
Buddha

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
Buddha

To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.
Buddha

To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
Buddha

To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.
Buddha

To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one's own in the midst of abundance.
Buddha

Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two.
Buddha

Virtue is persecuted more by the wicked than it is loved by the good.
Buddha

We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.
Buddha

We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
Buddha

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
Buddha

What is the appropriate behavior for a man or a woman in the midst of this world, where each person is clinging to his piece of debris? What's the proper salutation between people as they pass each other in this flood?
Buddha

What we think, we become.
Buddha

Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
Buddha

When one has the feeling of dislike for evil, when one feels tranquil, one finds pleasure in listening to good teachings; when one has these feelings and appreciates them, one is free of fear.
Buddha

Without health life is not life; it is only a state of langour and suffering - an image of death.
Buddha

Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.
Buddha

You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
Buddha

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
Buddha

You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
Buddha

Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRWi_FeS7yfVDgrkwU8GHZlm-nj1QPnQVxXSOlIz_cY_ASvRNf

Take a moment every day to appreciate your most precious gift. It did not have to be, but we were given the gift of life. Honor that gift by living beautifully and by giving back a little beauty as we go along the way. Life wants nothing more than to be appreciated and fully enjoyed.
[Vrh] Go down
Goran
Administrator
Administrator
Goran

Male
Cancer Rooster

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime10.09.11 8:50

All major religious traditions carry basically the same message, that is love, compassion and forgiveness the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives.
Dalai Lama

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Dalai Lama

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
Dalai Lama

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.
Dalai Lama

If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.
Dalai Lama

If you have a particular faith or religion, that is good. But you can survive without it.
Dalai Lama

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
Dalai Lama

In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.
Dalai Lama

It is necessary to help others, not only in our prayers, but in our daily lives. If we find we cannot help others, the least we can do is to desist from harming them.
Dalai Lama

It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.
Dalai Lama

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
Dalai Lama

Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day.
Dalai Lama

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
Dalai Lama

Sleep is the best meditation.
Dalai Lama

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
Dalai Lama

The purpose of our lives is to be happy.
Dalai Lama

The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.
Dalai Lama

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
Dalai Lama

There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
Dalai Lama

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
Dalai Lama

Today, more than ever before, life must be characterized by a sense of Universal responsibility, not only nation to nation and human to human, but also human to other forms of life.
Dalai Lama

We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection.
Dalai Lama

We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.
Dalai Lama

Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.
Dalai Lama

Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion.
Dalai Lama

With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
Dalai Lama

Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiVndrkGi4EHBjL28OZ82Lm8QkXAkhO0urKmW8DeQl4XOOTYtF

[Vrh] Go down
Goran
Administrator
Administrator
Goran

Male
Cancer Rooster

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime10.09.11 8:53

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
Mother Teresa

Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
Mother Teresa

Each one of them is Jesus in disguise.
Mother Teresa

Even the rich are hungry for love, for being cared for, for being wanted, for having someone to call their own.
Mother Teresa

I try to give to the poor people for love what the rich could get for money. No, I wouldn't touch a leper for a thousand pounds; yet I willingly cure him for the love of God.
Mother Teresa

I want you to be concerned about your next door neighbor. Do you know your next door neighbor?
Mother Teresa

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa

If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one.
Mother Teresa

If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.
Mother Teresa

Intense love does not measure, it just gives.
Mother Teresa

Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.
Mother Teresa

Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
Mother Teresa

Let us more and more insist on raising funds of love, of kindness, of understanding, of peace. Money will come if we seek first the Kingdom of God - the rest will be given.
Mother Teresa

Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.
Mother Teresa

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.
Mother Teresa

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.
Mother Teresa

Loneliness is the most terrible poverty.
Mother Teresa

Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action.
Mother Teresa

Love begins by taking care of the closest ones - the ones at home.
Mother Teresa

Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand.
Mother Teresa

Many people mistake our work for our vocation. Our vocation is the love of Jesus.
Mother Teresa

One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody.
Mother Teresa

Our life of poverty is as necessary as the work itself. Only in heaven will we see how much we owe to the poor for helping us to love God better because of them.
Mother Teresa

Peace begins with a smile.
Mother Teresa

Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.
Mother Teresa

The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being unwanted.
Mother Teresa

The greatest destroyer of peace is abortion because if a mother can kill her own child, what is left for me to kill you and you to kill me? There is nothing between.
Mother Teresa

The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
Mother Teresa

The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.
Mother Teresa

The most terrible poverty is loneliness and the feeling of being unloved.
Mother Teresa

There is always the danger that we may just do the work for the sake of the work. This is where the respect and the love and the devotion come in - that we do it to God, to Christ, and that's why we try to do it as beautifully as possible.
Mother Teresa

There must be a reason why some people can afford to live well. They must have worked for it. I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things that we could use.
Mother Teresa

We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls.
Mother Teresa

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
Mother Teresa

We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.
Mother Teresa

We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty.
Mother Teresa

Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness.
Mother Teresa

Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeC_tJWj1AxRw9PbQ-u7G6H5FSzLvLSz3d13LjzvIZF-K9JOZO

[Vrh] Go down
Goran
Administrator
Administrator
Goran

Male
Cancer Rooster

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime10.09.11 8:56

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Albert Einstein

A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem.
Albert Einstein

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Albert Einstein

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?
Albert Einstein

All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.
Albert Einstein

All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual.
Albert Einstein

All these primary impulses, not easily described in words, are the springs of man's actions.
Albert Einstein

An empty stomach is not a good political adviser.
Albert Einstein

Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.
Albert Einstein

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Albert Einstein

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
Albert Einstein

Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein

Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.
Albert Einstein

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein

As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue.
Albert Einstein

As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
Albert Einstein

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
Albert Einstein

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
Albert Einstein

Concern for man and his fate must always form the chief interest of all technical endeavors. Never forget this in the midst of your diagrams and equations.
Albert Einstein

Confusion of goals and perfection of means seems, in my opinion, to characterize our age.
Albert Einstein

Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.
Albert Einstein

Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
Albert Einstein

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.
Albert Einstein

Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler.
Albert Einstein

Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.
Albert Einstein

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
Albert Einstein

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
Albert Einstein

Force always attracts men of low morality.
Albert Einstein

God always takes the simplest way.
Albert Einstein

God does not play dice.
Albert Einstein

God may be subtle, but he isn't plain mean.
Albert Einstein

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
Albert Einstein

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
Albert Einstein

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.
Albert Einstein

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.
Albert Einstein

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
Albert Einstein

Human beings must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
Albert Einstein

I am a deeply religious nonbeliever - this is a somewhat new kind of religion.
Albert Einstein

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Albert Einstein

I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war.
Albert Einstein

I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best both for the body and the mind.
Albert Einstein

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation and is but a reflection of human frailty.
Albert Einstein

I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it.
Albert Einstein

I do not believe in the God of theology who rewards good and punishes evil.
Albert Einstein

I do not believe that civilization will be wiped out in a war fought with the atomic bomb. Perhaps two-thirds of the people of the earth will be killed.
Albert Einstein

I have just got a new theory of eternity.
Albert Einstein

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
Albert Einstein

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein

I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity.
Albert Einstein

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.
Albert Einstein

I shall never believe that God plays dice with the world.
Albert Einstein

I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right.
Albert Einstein

I used to go away for weeks in a state of confusion.
Albert Einstein

I want to know all Gods thoughts; all the rest are just details.
Albert Einstein

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
Albert Einstein

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
Albert Einstein

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
Albert Einstein

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
Albert Einstein

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
Albert Einstein

Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-NCjd82xo6BVwZgrDUYgFUVHFaBjF3VWXlJTona23Fv0HqPQ4nw

[Vrh] Go down
Goran
Administrator
Administrator
Goran

Male
Cancer Rooster

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime10.09.11 8:58

Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.
Albert Einstein

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Albert Einstein

In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.
Albert Einstein

In order to be an immaculate member of a flock of sheep, one must above all be a sheep oneself.
Albert Einstein

Information is not knowledge.
Albert Einstein

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.
Albert Einstein

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
Albert Einstein

Isn't it strange that I who have written only unpopular books should be such a popular fellow?
Albert Einstein

It gives me great pleasure indeed to see the stubbornness of an incorrigible nonconformist warmly acclaimed.
Albert Einstein

It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
Albert Einstein

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
Albert Einstein

It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.
Albert Einstein

It is only to the individual that a soul is given.
Albert Einstein

It is strange to be known so universally and yet to be so lonely.
Albert Einstein

It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.
Albert Einstein

It should be possible to explain the laws of physics to a barmaid.
Albert Einstein

It stands to the everlasting credit of science that by acting on the human mind it has overcome man's insecurity before himself and before nature.
Albert Einstein

It was the experience of mystery - even if mixed with fear - that engendered religion.
Albert Einstein

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
Albert Einstein

Joy in looking and comprehending is nature's most beautiful gift.
Albert Einstein

Knowledge of what is does not open the door directly to what should be.
Albert Einstein

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Albert Einstein

Let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized.
Albert Einstein

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
Albert Einstein

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
Albert Einstein

Love is a better teacher than duty.
Albert Einstein

Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
Albert Einstein

Memory is deceptive because it is colored by today's events.
Albert Einstein

Morality is of the highest importance - but for us, not for God.
Albert Einstein

Most of the fundamental ideas of science are essentially simple, and may, as a rule, be expressed in a language comprehensible to everyone.
Albert Einstein

Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
Albert Einstein

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
Albert Einstein

Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind.
Albert Einstein

Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it.
Albert Einstein

Never lose a holy curiosity.
Albert Einstein

No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.
Albert Einstein

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.
Albert Einstein

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
Albert Einstein

Nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced.
Albert Einstein

Occurrences in this domain are beyond the reach of exact prediction because of the variety of factors in operation, not because of any lack of order in nature.
Albert Einstein

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
Albert Einstein

One may say the eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility.
Albert Einstein

One strength of the communist system of the East is that it has some of the character of a religion and inspires the emotions of a religion.
Albert Einstein

Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.
Albert Einstein

Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.
Albert Einstein

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.
Albert Einstein

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.
Albert Einstein

People love chopping wood. In this activity one immediately sees results.
Albert Einstein

Perfection of means and confusion of ends seem to characterize our age.
Albert Einstein

Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.
Albert Einstein

Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.
Albert Einstein

Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it.
Albert Einstein

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

Small is the number of people who see with their eyes and think with their minds.
Albert Einstein

Solitude is painful when one is young, but delightful when one is more mature.
Albert Einstein

Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing.
Albert Einstein

Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhBywt6NPbBh4lGJtygq4_JaDcNRZdWpcTCrkdOIWBbPQalQ7z

[Vrh] Go down
Goran
Administrator
Administrator
Goran

Male
Cancer Rooster

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime10.09.11 8:59

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.
Albert Einstein

Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.
Albert Einstein

That deep emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God.
Albert Einstein

The attempt to combine wisdom and power has only rarely been successful and then only for a short while.
Albert Einstein

The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life. Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat.
Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein

The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.
Albert Einstein

The environment is everything that isn't me.
Albert Einstein

The faster you go, the shorter you are.
Albert Einstein

The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead.
Albert Einstein

The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge.
Albert Einstein

The grand aim of all science is to cover the greatest number of empirical facts by logical deduction from the smallest number of hypotheses or axioms.
Albert Einstein

The hardest thing to understand in the world is the income tax.
Albert Einstein

The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule.
Albert Einstein

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.
Albert Einstein

The man of science is a poor philosopher.
Albert Einstein

The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind.
Albert Einstein

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
Albert Einstein

The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible.
Albert Einstein

The only real valuable thing is intuition.
Albert Einstein

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
Albert Einstein

The only source of knowledge is experience.
Albert Einstein

The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.
Albert Einstein

The process of scientific discovery is, in effect, a continual flight from wonder.
Albert Einstein

The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.
Albert Einstein

The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
Albert Einstein

The road to perdition has ever been accompanied by lip service to an ideal.
Albert Einstein

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
Albert Einstein

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
Albert Einstein

The unleashed power of the atom has changed everything save our modes of thinking and we thus drift toward unparalleled catastrophe.
Albert Einstein

The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
Albert Einstein

The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking.
Albert Einstein

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
Albert Einstein

There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.
Albert Einstein

There comes a time when the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge but can never prove how it got there.
Albert Einstein

There could be no fairer destiny for any physical theory than that it should point the way to a more comprehensive theory in which it lives on as a limiting case.
Albert Einstein

There is no logical way to the discovery of these elemental laws. There is only the way of intuition, which is helped by a feeling for the order lying behind the appearance.
Albert Einstein

Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler.
Albert Einstein

Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.
Albert Einstein

To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science.
Albert Einstein

[Vrh] Go down
Goran
Administrator
Administrator
Goran

Male
Cancer Rooster

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime10.09.11 9:00

To the Master's honor all must turn, each in its track, without a sound, forever tracing Newton's ground.
Albert Einstein

Too many of us look upon Americans as dollar chasers. This is a cruel libel, even if it is reiterated thoughtlessly by the Americans themselves.
Albert Einstein

True art is characterized by an irresistible urge in the creative artist.
Albert Einstein

True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness.
Albert Einstein

Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
Albert Einstein

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Albert Einstein

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
Albert Einstein

We cannot despair of humanity, since we ourselves are human beings.
Albert Einstein

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
Albert Einstein

We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive.
Albert Einstein

We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.
Albert Einstein

We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us.
Albert Einstein

Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
Albert Einstein

When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking.
Albert Einstein

When the solution is simple, God is answering.
Albert Einstein

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
Albert Einstein

Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.
Albert Einstein

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
Albert Einstein

Without deep reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people.
Albert Einstein

You ask me if I keep a notebook to record my great ideas. I've only ever had one.
Albert Einstein

You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created.
Albert Einstein

You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.
Albert Einstein

You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
Albert Einstein

[Vrh] Go down
Goran
Administrator
Administrator
Goran

Male
Cancer Rooster

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime10.09.11 9:07

A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

A lie cannot live.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

A man can't ride your back unless it's bent.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

A man who won't die for something is not fit to live.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

A nation or civilization that continues to produce soft-minded men purchases its own spiritual death on the installment plan.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

A right delayed is a right denied.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

A riot is at bottom the language of the unheard.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

A riot is the language of the unheard.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Discrimination is a hellhound that gnaws at Negroes in every waking moment of their lives to remind them that the lie of their inferiority is accepted as truth in the society dominating them.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Have we not come to such an impasse in the modern world that we must love our enemies - or else? The chain reaction of evil - hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars - must be broken, or else we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

I am not interested in power for power's sake, but I'm interested in power that is moral, that is right and that is good.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made straight and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

I just want to do God's will. And he's allowed me to go to the mountain. And I've looked over, and I've seen the promised land! I may not get there with you, but I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

I submit that an individual who breaks the law that conscience tells him is unjust and willingly accepts the penalty by staying in jail to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the very highest respect for law.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

I want to be the white man's brother, not his brother-in-law.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

If physical death is the price that I must pay to free my white brothers and sisters from a permanent death of the spirit, then nothing can be more redemptive.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

If we are to go forward, we must go back and rediscover those precious values - that all reality hinges on moral foundations and that all reality has spiritual control.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

It is incontestable and deplorable that Negroes have committed crimes; but they are derivative crimes. They are born of the greater crimes of the white society.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Means we use must be as pure as the ends we seek.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it. It is a sword that heals.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

One of the greatest casualties of the war in Vietnam is the Great Society... shot down on the battlefield of Vietnam.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

One who breaks an unjust law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom 9k=

[Vrh] Go down
Goran
Administrator
Administrator
Goran

Male
Cancer Rooster

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime10.09.11 9:09

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Philanthropy is commendable, but it must not cause the philanthropist to overlook the circumstances of economic injustice which make philanthropy necessary.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Pity may represent little more than the impersonal concern which prompts the mailing of a check, but true sympathy is the personal concern which demands the giving of one's soul.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Property is intended to serve life, and no matter how much we surround it with rights and respect, it has no personal being. It is part of the earth man walks on. It is not man.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Science investigates religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge which is power religion gives man wisdom which is control.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Seeing is not always believing.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The art of acceptance is the art of making someone who has just done you a small favor wish that he might have done you a greater one.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?" But... the good Samaritan reversed the question: "If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?"
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The limitation of riots, moral questions aside, is that they cannot win and their participants know it. Hence, rioting is not revolutionary but reactionary because it invites defeat. It involves an emotional catharsis, but it must be followed by a sense of futility.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The means by which we live have outdistanced the ends for which we live. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The moral arc of the universe bends at the elbow of justice.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The Negro needs the white man to free him from his fears. The white man needs the Negro to free him from his guilt.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The past is prophetic in that it asserts loudly that wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The quality, not the longevity, of one's life is what is important.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The question is not whether we will be extremists, but what kind of extremists we will be... The nation and the world are in dire need of creative extremists.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The sweltering summer of the Negro's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The time is always right to do what is right.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

There is nothing more tragic than to find an individual bogged down in the length of life, devoid of breadth.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

War is a poor chisel to carve out tomorrow.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We are not makers of history. We are made by history.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We have guided missiles and misguided men.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We must concentrate not merely on the negative expulsion of war but the postive affirmation of peace.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We must use time creatively.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We who in engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Whatever your life's work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyILP4HByh4EaW0IwOkTWiIyfx2S_zVPmJC2hPl2cmBYgUJ67j

[Vrh] Go down
Goran
Administrator
Administrator
Goran

Male
Cancer Rooster

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime10.09.11 9:12

A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.
Mohandas Gandhi

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
Mohandas Gandhi

A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.
Mohandas Gandhi

A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act.
Mohandas Gandhi

A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people.
Mohandas Gandhi

A policy is a temporary creed liable to be changed, but while it holds good it has got to be pursued with apostolic zeal.
Mohandas Gandhi

A principle is the expression of perfection, and as imperfect beings like us cannot practise perfection, we devise every moment limits of its compromise in practice.
Mohandas Gandhi

A religion that takes no account of practical affairs and does not help to solve them is no religion.
Mohandas Gandhi

A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
Mohandas Gandhi

A vow is a purely religious act which cannot be taken in a fit of passion. It can be taken only with a mind purified and composed and with God as witness.
Mohandas Gandhi

A weak man is just by accident. A strong but non-violent man is unjust by accident.
Mohandas Gandhi

Action expresses priorities.
Mohandas Gandhi

Action is no less necessary than thought to the instinctive tendencies of the human frame.
Mohandas Gandhi

All compromise is based on give and take, but there can be no give and take on fundamentals. Any compromise on mere fundamentals is a surrender. For it is all give and no take.
Mohandas Gandhi

All the religions of the world, while they may differ in other respects, unitedly proclaim that nothing lives in this world but Truth.
Mohandas Gandhi

Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
Mohandas Gandhi

Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.
Mohandas Gandhi

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
Mohandas Gandhi

An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.
Mohandas Gandhi

An unjust law is itself a species of violence. Arrest for its breach is more so.
Mohandas Gandhi

Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mohandas Gandhi

Anger is the enemy of non-violence and pride is a monster that swallows it up.
Mohandas Gandhi

Are creeds such simple things like the clothes which a man can change at will and put on at will? Creeds are such for which people live for ages and ages.
Mohandas Gandhi

As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world - that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves.
Mohandas Gandhi

Be the change that you want to see in the world.
Mohandas Gandhi

Before the throne of the Almighty, man will be judged not by his acts but by his intentions. For God alone reads our hearts.
Mohandas Gandhi

But for my faith in God, I should have been a raving maniac.
Mohandas Gandhi

Capital as such is not evil; it is its wrong use that is evil. Capital in some form or other will always be needed.
Mohandas Gandhi

Commonsense is the realised sense of proportion.
Mohandas Gandhi

Confession of errors is like a broom which sweeps away the dirt and leaves the surface brighter and clearer. I feel stronger for confession.
Mohandas Gandhi

Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position.
Mohandas Gandhi

Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart.
Mohandas Gandhi

Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances.
Mohandas Gandhi

Each one prays to God according to his own light.
Mohandas Gandhi

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
Mohandas Gandhi

Every formula of every religion has in this age of reason, to submit to the acid test of reason and universal assent.
Mohandas Gandhi

Everyone who wills can hear the inner voice. It is within everyone.
Mohandas Gandhi

Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.
Mohandas Gandhi

Faith... must be enforced by reason... when faith becomes blind it dies.
Mohandas Gandhi

Fear has its use but cowardice has none.
Mohandas Gandhi

Fear of death makes us devoid both of valour and religion. For want of valour is want of religious faith.
Mohandas Gandhi

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Mohandas Gandhi

For me every ruler is alien that defies public opinion.
Mohandas Gandhi

Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living?
Mohandas Gandhi

Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err.
Mohandas Gandhi

Gentleness, self-sacrifice and generosity are the exclusive possession of no one race or religion.
Mohandas Gandhi

Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it.
Mohandas Gandhi

God is, even though the whole world deny him. Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self-sustained.
Mohandas Gandhi

God sometimes does try to the uttermost those whom he wishes to bless.
Mohandas Gandhi

God, as Truth, has been for me a treasure beyond price. May He be so to every one of us.
Mohandas Gandhi

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
Mohandas Gandhi

Healthy discontent is the prelude to progress.
Mohandas Gandhi

Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.
Mohandas Gandhi

I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.
Mohandas Gandhi

I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters and photographers.
Mohandas Gandhi

I believe in the fundamental truth of all great religions of the world.
Mohandas Gandhi

I believe that a man is the strongest soldier for daring to die unarmed.
Mohandas Gandhi

I claim that human mind or human society is not divided into watertight compartments called social, political and religious. All act and react upon one another.
Mohandas Gandhi

I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps.
Mohandas Gandhi

Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSF3cO9ZeEO5rbKd7xGG4nkybrPfcIRU7MTFlDkpwxMtBKYa3fl

[Vrh] Go down
Goran
Administrator
Administrator
Goran

Male
Cancer Rooster

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime10.09.11 9:13

I do all the evil I can before I learn to shun it? Is it not enough to know the evil to shun it? If not, we should be sincere enough to admit that we love evil too well to give it up.
Mohandas Gandhi

I do not want to foresee the future. I am concerned with taking care of the present. God has given me no control over the moment following.
Mohandas Gandhi

I have also seen children successfully surmounting the effects of an evil inheritance. That is due to purity being an inherent attribute of the soul.
Mohandas Gandhi

I have nothing new to teach the world. Truth and Non-violence are as old as the hills. All I have done is to try experiments in both on as vast a scale as I could.
Mohandas Gandhi

I have worshipped woman as the living embodiment of the spirit of service and sacrifice.
Mohandas Gandhi

I know, to banish anger altogether from one's breast is a difficult task. It cannot be achieved through pure personal effort. It can be done only by God's grace.
Mohandas Gandhi

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Mohandas Gandhi

I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won't presume to probe into the faults of others.
Mohandas Gandhi

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.
Mohandas Gandhi

I reject any religious doctrine that does not appeal to reason and is in conflict with morality.
Mohandas Gandhi

I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.
Mohandas Gandhi

I will far rather see the race of man extinct than that we should become less than beasts by making the noblest of God's creation, woman, the object of our lust.
Mohandas Gandhi

I would heartily welcome the union of East and West provided it is not based on brute force.
Mohandas Gandhi

If co-operation is a duty, I hold that non-co-operation also under certain conditions is equally a duty.
Mohandas Gandhi

If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.
Mohandas Gandhi

If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.
Mohandas Gandhi

If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children.
Mohandas Gandhi

Imitation is the sincerest flattery.
Mohandas Gandhi

In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
Mohandas Gandhi

In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place.
Mohandas Gandhi

In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart.
Mohandas Gandhi

Increase of material comforts, it may be generally laid down, does not in any way whatsoever conduce to moral growth.
Mohandas Gandhi

Infinite striving to be the best is man's duty; it is its own reward. Everything else is in God's hands.
Mohandas Gandhi

Interdependence is and ought to be as much the ideal of man as self-sufficiency. Man is a social being.
Mohandas Gandhi

Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause.
Mohandas Gandhi

Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.
Mohandas Gandhi

Is it not enough to know the evil to shun it? If not, we should be sincere enough to admit that we love evil too well to give it up.
Mohandas Gandhi

It has always been a mystery to me how men can feel themselves honoured by the humiliation of their fellow beings.
Mohandas Gandhi

It is any day better to stand erect with a broken and bandaged head then to crawl on one's belly, in order to be able to save one's head.
Mohandas Gandhi

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
Mohandas Gandhi

It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.
Mohandas Gandhi

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
Mohandas Gandhi

It is my own firm belief that the strength of the soul grows in proportion as you subdue the flesh.
Mohandas Gandhi

It is the quality of our work which will please God and not the quantity.
Mohandas Gandhi

It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
Mohandas Gandhi

Just as a man would not cherish living in a body other than his own, so do nations not like to live under other nations, however noble and great the latter may be.
Mohandas Gandhi

Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment.
Mohandas Gandhi

Let everyone try and find that as a result of daily prayer he adds something new to his life, something with which nothing can be compared.
Mohandas Gandhi

Let us all be brave enough to die the death of a martyr, but let no one lust for martyrdom.
Mohandas Gandhi

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Mohandas Gandhi

Man becomes great exactly in the degree in which he works for the welfare of his fellow-men.
Mohandas Gandhi

Man can never be a woman's equal in the spirit of selfless service with which nature has endowed her.
Mohandas Gandhi

Man falls from the pursuit of the ideal of plan living and high thinking the moment he wants to multiply his daily wants. Man's happiness really lies in contentment.
Mohandas Gandhi

Man lives freely only by his readiness to die, if need be, at the hands of his brother, never by killing him.
Mohandas Gandhi

Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.
Mohandas Gandhi

Man's nature is not essentially evil. Brute nature has been know to yield to the influence of love. You must never despair of human nature.
Mohandas Gandhi

Measures must always in a progressive society be held superior to men, who are after all imperfect instruments, working for their fulfilment.
Mohandas Gandhi

Moral authority is never retained by any attempt to hold on to it. It comes without seeking and is retained without effort.
Mohandas Gandhi

Morality is contraband in war.
Mohandas Gandhi

Morality is the basis of things and truth is the substance of all morality.
Mohandas Gandhi

Morality which depends upon the helplessness of a man or woman has not much to recommend it. Morality is rooted in the purity of our hearts.
Mohandas Gandhi

My life is my message.
Mohandas Gandhi

My religion is based on truth and non-violence. Truth is my God. Non-violence is the means of realising Him.
Mohandas Gandhi

Nearly everything you do is of no importance, but it is important that you do it.
Mohandas Gandhi

No culture can live if it attempts to be exclusive.
Mohandas Gandhi

Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
Mohandas Gandhi

Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as is cooperation with good.
Mohandas Gandhi

Non-violence and truth are inseparable and presuppose one another.
Mohandas Gandhi

Non-violence is not a garment to be put on and off at will. Its seat is in the heart, and it must be an inseparable part of our being.
Mohandas Gandhi

Non-violence is the article of faith.
Mohandas Gandhi

Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsZBrYtLNR4YqzIfBsbIP_DDGvzc62EadDZfn39aWe8UJJi0ETjQ

[Vrh] Go down
Goran
Administrator
Administrator
Goran

Male
Cancer Rooster

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime10.09.11 9:15

Non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man.
Mohandas Gandhi

Non-violence requires a double faith, faith in God and also faith in man.
Mohandas Gandhi

Non-violence, which is the quality of the heart, cannot come by an appeal to the brain.
Mohandas Gandhi

Nonviolence is the first article of my faith. It is also the last article of my creed.
Mohandas Gandhi

One's own religion is after all a matter between oneself and one's Maker and no one else's.
Mohandas Gandhi

Only he can take great resolves who has indomitable faith in God and has fear of God.
Mohandas Gandhi

Peace is its own reward.
Mohandas Gandhi

Poverty is the worst form of violence.
Mohandas Gandhi

Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment.
Mohandas Gandhi

Prayer is a confession of one's own unworthiness and weakness.
Mohandas Gandhi

Prayer is not an old woman's idle amusement. Properly understood and applied, it is the most potent instrument of action.
Mohandas Gandhi

Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.
Mohandas Gandhi

Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.
Mohandas Gandhi

Providence has its appointed hour for everything. We cannot command results, we can only strive.
Mohandas Gandhi

Purity of personal life is the one indispensable condition for building up a sound education.
Mohandas Gandhi

Religion is a matter of the heart. No physical inconvenience can warrant abandonment of one's own religion.
Mohandas Gandhi

Religion is more than life. Remember that his own religion is the truest to every man even if it stands low in the scales of philosophical comparison.
Mohandas Gandhi

Rights that do not flow from duty well performed are not worth having.
Mohandas Gandhi

Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.
Mohandas Gandhi

Self-respect knows no considerations.
Mohandas Gandhi

Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served. But all other pleasures and possessions pale into nothingness before service which is rendered in a spirit of joy.
Mohandas Gandhi

Spiritual relationship is far more precious than physical. Physical relationship divorced from spiritual is body without soul.
Mohandas Gandhi

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Mohandas Gandhi

That service is the noblest which is rendered for its own sake.
Mohandas Gandhi

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
Mohandas Gandhi

The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.
Mohandas Gandhi

The essence of all religions is one. Only their approaches are different.
Mohandas Gandhi

The good man is the friend of all living things.
Mohandas Gandhi

The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Mohandas Gandhi

The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still small voice of conscience.
Mohandas Gandhi

The law of sacrifice is uniform throughout the world. To be effective it demands the sacrifice of the bravest and the most spotless.
Mohandas Gandhi

The main purpose of life is to live rightly, think rightly, act rightly. The soul must languish when we give all our thought to the body.
Mohandas Gandhi

The moment there is suspicion about a person's motives, everything he does becomes tainted.
Mohandas Gandhi

The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within.
Mohandas Gandhi

The pursuit of truth does not permit violence on one's opponent.
Mohandas Gandhi

The real ornament of woman is her character, her purity.
Mohandas Gandhi

The spirit of democracy is not a mechanical thing to be adjusted by abolition of forms. It requires change of heart.
Mohandas Gandhi

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
Mohandas Gandhi

There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.
Mohandas Gandhi

There is a higher court than courts of justice and that is the court of conscience. It supercedes all other courts.
Mohandas Gandhi

Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxEC_Ya4O6J2-nAr6xBh-6EWl6bbJ34fmFX5AgJQBITAPN6C-t

[Vrh] Go down
Goran
Administrator
Administrator
Goran

Male
Cancer Rooster

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime10.09.11 9:16

There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed.
Mohandas Gandhi

There is an orderliness in the universe, there is an unalterable law governing everything and every being that exists or lives. It is no blind law; for no blind law can govern the conduct of living beings.
Mohandas Gandhi

There is more to life than increasing its speed.
Mohandas Gandhi

There is no principle worth the name if it is not wholly good.
Mohandas Gandhi

There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever.
Mohandas Gandhi

Those who know how to think need no teachers.
Mohandas Gandhi

Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is.
Mohandas Gandhi

Though we may know Him by a thousand names, He is one and the same to us all.
Mohandas Gandhi

To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.
Mohandas Gandhi

To deprive a man of his natural liberty and to deny to him the ordinary amenities of life is worse then starving the body; it is starvation of the soul, the dweller in the body.
Mohandas Gandhi

To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.
Mohandas Gandhi

Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear.
Mohandas Gandhi

Truth never damages a cause that is just.
Mohandas Gandhi

Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self-sustained.
Mohandas Gandhi

Unwearied ceaseless effort is the price that must be paid for turning faith into a rich infallible experience.
Mohandas Gandhi

Violent means will give violent freedom. That would be a menace to the world and to India herself.
Mohandas Gandhi

Violent men have not been known in history to die to a man. They die up to a point.
Mohandas Gandhi

We do not need to proselytise either by our speech or by our writing. We can only do so really with our lives. Let our lives be open books for all to study.
Mohandas Gandhi

We may have our private opinions but why should they be a bar to the meeting of hearts?
Mohandas Gandhi

We may never be strong enough to be entirely nonviolent in thought, word and deed. But we must keep nonviolence as our goal and make strong progress towards it.
Mohandas Gandhi

We must become the change we want to see in the world.
Mohandas Gandhi

We should meet abuse by forbearance. Human nature is so constituted that if we take absolutely no notice of anger or abuse, the person indulging in it will soon weary of it and stop.
Mohandas Gandhi

We win justice quickest by rendering justice to the other party.
Mohandas Gandhi

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
Mohandas Gandhi

What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
Mohandas Gandhi

What is true of the individual will be tomorrow true of the whole nation if individuals will but refuse to lose heart and hope.
Mohandas Gandhi

Whatever you do may seem insignificant to you, but it is most important that you do it.
Mohandas Gandhi

When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.
Mohandas Gandhi

When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible.
Mohandas Gandhi

Where love is, there God is also.
Mohandas Gandhi

Where there is love there is life.
Mohandas Gandhi

You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
Mohandas Gandhi

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Mohandas Gandhi

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
Mohandas Gandhi

Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom 9k=

[Vrh] Go down
Blizanka
Administratorica
Administratorica
Blizanka

Female
Gemini Broj postova : 74186
Godine : 174
Datum registracije : 21.01.2009

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime14.09.11 8:33

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then the doing of your work shall be no miracle but you shall be a miracle" - Venerable Solanus Casey

Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom Admin10
[Vrh] Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carpe-diem-citati-lijepe-misli-po
Blizanka
Administratorica
Administratorica
Blizanka

Female

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime14.09.11 8:34

Don't Quit
When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you are trudging seems all uphill,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit --
Rest, if you must, but do not quit.
(Anonymous)

[Vrh] Go down
Blizanka
Administratorica
Administratorica
Blizanka

Female

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime15.10.11 8:31

Compassion isn't for suckers, healing isn't for wusses and "denial ain't just river in Egypt." M. Twain

[Vrh] Go down
Blizanka
Administratorica
Administratorica
Blizanka

Female

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime15.10.11 8:32

"Son, this may not be the best life, but it's all we know.
Jonathan: There's got to be more to life than fighting for fish heads!" (Jonathan Livingston Seagull, R. Bach)

[Vrh] Go down
Blizanka
Administratorica
Administratorica
Blizanka

Female

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime15.10.11 8:32

Work is the curse of the drinking classes. (Oscar Wilde)

[Vrh] Go down
diya
Totalno relaxiran
diya

Female
Sagittarius Horse
Broj postova : 2371
Godine : 45
Datum registracije : 22.11.2011

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime12.12.11 16:26

"Never explain – your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway."

Don't Judge Me for What I Do,did and Done, without Asking the Reason Why I Have to do It...Smile
[Vrh] Go down
http://klaudiyya.blogspot.com/
Goran
Administrator
Administrator
Goran

Male
Cancer Rooster

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime27.03.13 6:35

Always Do Your Best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
Miguel Angel Ruiz

[Vrh] Go down
Besna_glista
Zagrijao tipkovnicu
Besna_glista

Female
Gemini Dragon
Broj postova : 496
Godine : 60
Datum registracije : 17.02.2013

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime27.03.13 7:03

"There is only one success - to spend your life in your own way."

- Christopher Morley
[Vrh] Go down
Sponsored content

PostajNaslov: Re: Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom   Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom I_icon_minitime

[Vrh] Go down

Quotes in English/Citati na engleskom
[Vrh] 
Stranica 1 / 1.